Monday, January 10, 2011

Ultrasound today and more pictures

Well, I had my ultrasound today which brought news that I expected. My cervix has indeed shortened again. It was originally 4.5 cm at 13 weeks, 3.7 at 16 weeks, and 2.6 now at 19 weeks. So as I feared it is continuing to shorten. I think I mentioned in my last post that the doctor wasn't going to see me today unless it was worse (because I am already scheduled for a visit with him on Thursday) so we were naturally expecting to be seen after hearing the news. Nope. Apparently he was too busy and just told the ultrasound tech to tell me to take it easy, no lifting, and that he'd see me on Thursday still. It was kind of irritating considering he told me 3 weeks ago to take it easy and no lifting so I've already been doing all that. So now I wait for Thursday to talk to him more in-depth about what can be done from here. He'll be putting in my referral for the perinatologist as well so we'll see what happens.

In other news the baby is still a boy! There was some uncertainty there for a bit, but there's no doubt about it now. The tech said she wasn't even trying to look, but when she went to check out his bladder he was just exposing himself too much to miss it. :) She did notice that the head to abdomen ratio was off and that his head is larger than his abdomen proportionately. His head fell in the 60-something percentile while his abdomen was in the 30-something percentile. She said it's more than likely nothing at all and just a larger head, but they're re-scanning that in 4 weeks just to be sure. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous, though, if for no other reason than the possibility of a c-section. Well, that's it for now so I'll leave with more pictures.




One of youth, Jordan (7th grade), decided to dress up as Santa and go see Asher's Mission Friends Class one Wednesday night, and these are pictures from that. When we put the kids in the car that night I asked Asher if he saw Santa, and he said, "Jordan is Santa!" We tell the kids that Santa isn't real and that mommy and daddy are Santa, but I think they're kind of confused now. Haha.






These are from Christmas Eve. We went to Calhoun Falls to Cyndi's family's house to celebrate.









Decorating cookies for "Santa"




Christmas morning!!!







Asher and Lorelai's HUGE pile of stuff! And how sad that this was only the gifts under the tree pile and didn't include what "Santa" brought (we do Santa for the cousins' benefit).

1 comment:

Ellen said...

praying for you motsy! for what its worth, all three of our babes had "larger than normal" heads...i think it runs in the hoover family. adam's head is pretty big too. at least baby # 3's head is still on the chart:)