s
I kid you not that I played "castle" with Asher all day long today. We have been playing quite a lot lately anyway, but today was non-stop. He has found his new passion, I think. Lorelai has this block box that is a castle set, and the top comes off for you to put the blocks on it and build. Asher likes to build a little castle on it and use his Candy Land pieces/men as the characters. He made my piece the princess, his piece is Asher the big boy, and Lorelai's piece is just Lorelai. There are 4 game pieces in Candy Land, but the blue one mysteriously vanished this morning. The blue one was the prince so the castle is without a prince at this time. I have no idea where he went either. When daddy plays he takes over with Lorelai's piece and plays the prince, though. This next picture shows Asher using the Candy Land pieces to play castle, and the next picture shows the whole set-up. Later in the afternoon he set up a bunch of his Hot Wheels around the castle and said that everyone was coming to see us at the castle.
The church secretary is one of the sweetest women I know! She is truly wonderful! She made vegetable soup for us for dinner so we had that tonight (Jon didn't have to cook!), and we have enough for leftovers for tomorrow night. For Christmas both of the kids got these adorable plates from their cousin Riley that has a face on it. Lorelai's is the face of a girl, and Asher's is the face of a boy (naturally). The faces have no hair or anything, and it's supposed to make mealtime fun for them by allowing them to use their food to "dress-up" their plate. Jon decided to do Lorelai's tonight, and this is what he got with the vegetable soup.
For Christmas Jon and I got Asher the neatest craft kit. I fell in love immediately! There are tons of different crafts you can do, but we bought this particular bag puppet one to try out first. It is SO cute! We did two tonight so there are three left to do. I helped Lorelai with hers first (the elephant), and by the time I got to Asher's (the bird) he was over it and ready to play castle again so I ended up doing his too. Apparently I couldn't help myself and had to finish it instead of put it away for later!
Lorelai skipped her nap today because we had a late lunch which meant she'd have a late nap which means she wouldn't want to go to bed on time. As we were watching a movie tonight together on the couch I looked over and saw her drifting off while sitting up straight. After she jerked her head back up she lied down on my lap and went to sleep. Needless to say I went ahead and made bedtime a little early tonight. Asher went shortly after her, and he broke my heart tonight. He has really bad eczema especially during the winter. Every winter it seems like he has a different problem area that just won't go away. This year it's his bottom, hips, and sides area. We bathe him in Aquaphor every night and put a diaper on him to keep it from getting messy so it will sit the whole night. Tonight as I put the Aquaphor on (I was on my own at bed time because Jon had a deacon's meeting) he said, "Why does my bottom get like that? Why doesn't it go away?" I felt horrible because I know it makes him feel just awful. He scratches at it all the time, and if we're in public we're always having to tell him to stop scratching his butt (he'll even go down his pants to get to it better). Of course we don't want him doing that particularly in public, but how do you explain to a 3 year old that he can't scratch his butt and private no matter how badly it itches and is uncomfortable. I'll just be glad for spring to get here!
3 comments:
I love the bird! How cute! And poor Asher. At least he has a reason for scratching. Cayman picks his nose all the time now. I guess he technically has a reason. But boogers can wait until you have a Kleenex. When you have an itch, you just can't wait to scratch it! Poor little fellow. :)
motsy, my friends little boy had it TERRIBLE and it was all over his body. she took him to the dermatologist. he had her phase a lot of things out of his diet...she slowly phased everything back in except dairy and his skin is great. no milk (can do rice milk, coconut milk. she swears by it. worth a try?
Thanks for the advice, Kimberly. I've actually wondered if it could be allergy related because Asher also has a problem with breaking out in hives at times too. It seems like his problem during the winter is the horrible eczema and during the summer it's hives and even eyes so swollen that his eyes become swollen shut. The doctor said they can't do an allergy test on him at this age yet, though, so he normally lives off his medications when things happen: Benadryl, Claratin, creams, special body washes, etc.
I might mention something to his doctor about the possibility of a food allergy or for a referral to the dermatologist. He used to have one where we used to live, but hasn't seen one in quite a while.
Post a Comment