Friday, January 21, 2011

Names, names, names




Since the beginning of this pregnancy we've discussed very little on the subject of names for the baby. However, we did find two names that we really liked for a boy and one name we liked for a girl. After that we never really discussed the matter again until sometime after finding out we were having a boy. The subject has since come up here and there, but only in passing and never enough to really come up with something. The past few days, though, we've been discussing it more. Partly because I'm tired of calling the baby "the baby" and partly because I have a lot of time on my hands to think now. :) Even now we still can't get away from those two boy names we picked out in the beginning. Every other name is immediately a no from at least one of us and usually from both of us. None of them have felt as right as these two names do. Now the problem is choosing which is right for this precious baby. We can't use them both because we already have a middle name picked, and I don't want to change it. Also, I don't think they sound good together at all. Right now I'm not going to announce the two names (it's still kind of a secret), but I think it will be soon. I thought Jon was going to want to keep the name a secret, but I asked him today and now it doesn't seem that way. I did ask the kids this morning what their choice was of the two names. Asher told us which he liked, but Lorelai decided her name was better and picked "Princess." She still says Princess if we ask her what to name the baby. :) She's such a girly-girl!

Tonight we had a wonderful meal for dinner! I wish I could say Jon made it, but it actually came from some sweet women from our church. We had pasta, green beans, corn, salad, garlic bread, and a yummy peanut butter/chocolate dessert. We also were brought drinks for us and the kids as well as some knitting needles and yarn for me to keep my hands busy while I lie around. I'm especially grateful for that because I've wanted to learn to knit for so long, but just haven't gotten around to it. I think this is a perfect time to learn and hope to eventually learn make the new baby a blanket before he's born. I just need some practice first! :)

Our friends Nikki and David brought the meal and gifts to us tonight, but then we realized that our salad dressing had gone bad so Jon and David ran to the store to get some while Nikki and I stayed home with the kids (including her 10 month old, Crissie Grace). We were on the couch while the kids played. Crissie decided to explore the hallway so I asked Asher to go check on her and try to get her back in the living room with us. Asher and Lorelai went in there and started playing with her so we listened to them giggle and play until Nikki got up to check on them. She walked in to find Asher lying on top of Crissie's legs, and Lorelai on top of Asher. When Nikki asked what they were doing Asher said, "We're just trying to help you so you can get her." I'm assuming he thought that if he lied down on top of her she couldn't go any further since he didn't have any luck getting her back in the living room! And of course Lorelai had to join in on the fun!

No comments: