Saturday, January 22, 2011

Singing with Friends

Seth and his mom, Michele, came over to play today. It was nice to have some company come visit since I'm not able to get out much. We actually had a birthday party we were invited to for a little girl named Vivian, but obviously that didn't work out. So it was a nice surprise visiting with Michele and Seth - for me just as much as the kids. :) The kids had a lot of fun playing as usual, and I got to chat a little with Michele. Unfortunately I was kind of in a funk this afternoon so I'm afraid I wasn't the best company. Afternoons are usually weird for me because I've been lying down all day while the kids play and make lots of noises. The noise and excitement are more than enough to keep me occupied and entertained, but once Lorelai goes down for a nap things are quiet. And I still have to lie down. Between the quiet and me lying down as I have been doing all day I start getting kind of tired. I wasn't quite out of it when our company came over which didn't make for very exciting conversation. It wasn't until halfway or so into the visit that I started getting out of my funk, but the visit was nice for me nonetheless.

Tonight at bedtime I reminded Asher that he would get to see Seth again tomorrow at church. Seth has been having a hard time at church lately. He's developed a case of separation anxiety which has made him cry most of the morning in their preschool class. Asher normally sticks by his side coloring or something else hoping that he'll cheer up to play. After class I ask him if he got to play with Seth, but lately he's only said that Seth was sad and cried. So tonight at bed when I reminded him that he'd get to play with Seth in the morning he said, "And Seth won't cry and will want to play with me?" He sure does love his buddy!





Another cute thing Asher said at bedtime: He likes sleeping with his stuffed dog, and he also has a dog pillow pet that he sleeps with sometimes. Tonight in bed he only had the stuffed dog and asked for the other dog (the pillow pet). Once he had them both he said, "I have two dogs in my world." :) I'm not quite sure what he meant by that or where he got it, but then he mentioned something about Disney World and having tickets for Disney World for the people so I think he might have been pretending he was at Disney World while in bed tonight.

A bit about Lorelai now before finishing today's post. My crazy toddler is just as anxious about spring as I am. She made Jon put her in a skirt and sleeveless shirt from last summer today! And today wasn't the first time she's done that. Everything still fit believe it or not, but the skirt was entirely too shirt for my taste. It was actually a tad on the short side last summer, but she could get away with it a little better then compared to now. She has also been making me a very happy mommy. Well, happier - I was already pretty happy to begin with. :) I guess since daddy has been home more lately he's becoming old news. I suppose the reason she was favoring him was because she didn't get to see him as much and saw me all the time. Now that he's home most of the time she wants me just as much as him, if not, more! I'm so happy for me, but feel bad for Jon. He seems OK with it, though, because he knew how it made me feel before and knows it is helping me get through the bed rest. It makes it easier knowing that me being on bed rest hasn't made the kids less attached to me.

Another thing that I cannot forget to mention before I end this post is that I'm so excited for my friend Melody and her sweet family Will, Aydin, Ryan, and Gracelyn! They welcomed their 4th precious baby into the world today, Benjamin Tayte. Melody was one of my roommates in college and one of my bridesmaids! Now I'm just praying for good health in their home as Melody's sister just flew in to visit them and woke up yesterday morning with a stomach virus - it was only a matter of days ago that Melody and her family got over a stomach bug. The last thing they need with a newborn is to worry about something like that. Congratulations Melody and Will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can call me anytime you're in a funk! I'd love to talk to you and keep you company for a while. :) Praying for you lady!! (Can you believe how much our lives have changed since we were all room mates together? I'm so glad we're all still friends!!!) Oh! What are you knitting?! Can't wait to see it!