Monday, September 6, 2010

Somersaults and missing friends





We have had a pretty good Labor Day today. We didn't really do a whole lot other than play and have fun which was so nice. Asher had a little bit of a rough day because he wanted Seth to come play SO badly. It was really sad. The second he woke up he started asking if Seth could come over to play today. We kept telling him that since it's a holiday Seth and his parents might have plans to do something already. The pleas continued so I pretended to call his mom and ask her if Seth could come over. Really I texted her, but he wasn't satisfied with just that. She wrote me back to say that they had plans already, but if something changed she'd let us know. Even after telling Asher that Seth couldn't come over because he already had stuff to do, he still harassed us about it. It was pathetic. We had gymnastics this morning, and the second we got in the car he started asking again. Then he cried the whole home when I told him Seth couldn't today. Like I said, so hard! From that point on, though, things improved. He still asked many more times about it, but he didn't ever get that upset again when we told him no.

Later in the day we went to Lifeway to get some things Jon needed for church. We also went to Target to walk around and let Asher look at the toys which he loves doing. It also gives me ideas for Lorelai's birthday next month. When we came home I started dinner. We had chicken casserole, brown rice, lima beans, and chocolate chip cookie cake. Afterwards we went on a walk and played on the swing swet some more.


I talked to Jon's mom on the phone for literally the entire walk explaining to her how to download and install Skype and then how to get an account. When it was finally done the kids were able to see their Grandma and Grandpa through the computer. This started the "I want to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house!!!" That lasted until bedtime. :)



1 comment:

Alyson said...

I love the somersault video! I hurt every time they flipped into the crib! :)