Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fun Saturday!

Today has been such a fun day! We started our day having breakfast at the church, and it was delicious! The kids got to see their "DiDi" and were so excited about it! DiDi (Heidi) is our pastor's wife, and the kids ADORE her. She is our go-to babysitter because they absolutely love playing with her. She has more energy than anyone I've ever seen before! Shortly after we got home from the breakfast DiDi called wanting to know if she could take the kids out to play. So she picked them up around 10:30, and they spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon together. I think they mainly ran errands, but they also went to McDonald's and had lunch together. Of course while they were they played on the playground. After they came home Lorelai took a nap, and I cleaned up in the house.

After Lorelai's nap we went outside to play on the swingset. We had a great time out there as usual. It got really funny, though, when I sat down underneath the slide. The kids would slide down the slide and then come under the slide with me. Of course there would be a ton of static from the slide after they'd slide under it so their hair was sticking up everywhere when they came under it with me. Here are some pictures of them.



When we came inside we figured it was time for baths so I shot a few pictures of them during bathtime tonight. Unfortunately Asher hit his head on the side of the tub when he was trying to sit down, and he just fell apart so I took one picture of him crying and that was all I got. I also wanted to get a picture of her hair when it was really wet to show how long it is when the curls aren't all over it.




This is a video of Asher saying his memory verses today. He says Genesis 1:1 ("In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth) and Genesis 1:3 ("And God said let there be light and there was light"). He gets so excited about saying them, though, that he says them super fast, and you can barely tell what he's saying.

Shortly after our baths tonight we got a message from Michelle who is Asher's friend's (Seth) mommy. Seth got a new toy today and was really wanting to play it with Asher so they came by for a couple of hours, and it was so much fun! Asher had a blast! Poor Lorelai didn't know what to do with herself with two rambunctious boys. :) They played with Seth's new toy, the train sets, the swingset, and tons of other toys. I told myself that I needed to take some pictures of them playing, but as soon as they got here I forgot.
After Seth and his mommy left Lorelai went straight to bed, but Asher stayed up for a bit. He wanted to "read" a couple of books. I was so proud of him as he read to us! He knew to read the words from left to right and up to down. He used his finger to skim across the words on the page as he "read" them. Every time he turned the page he would study the pictures to decide what the story was about and what the words said. It was so much fun listening to his own version of the stories! One of the books was by Max Lucado and called "Just In Case You Ever Wonder." The book is speaking from a mother's point of view to her child. At one part of the book the mom tells her child that on dark nights if she hears noises in her closet to call her and she'll be there for her. In the picture it shows the girl hiding under her covers in the dark. At this page I got worried because Asher isn't afraid of the dark, and I don't want him to think he should be. He kept talking about how the girl was scared in the dark and was hiding. He didn't seem too upset about it, but he did stare at that page and the next page longer than usual. The next page said "When you see monsters in the shadows, call me." It is a picture of a big scary looking tree with facial features. Oh boy! Asher called it a talking tree so I'm hoping the image wasn't too much for him. We got that book as well as a bunch of others from the library so I hadn't screened them all yet. The book was on a list of suggested reading for him for school and it's by Max Lucado so I figured it was OK, but I think he's a little young for it still. :)

No comments: