Friday, September 3, 2010

Go Indians!

Today was pretty uneventful for the most part. The kids and I played together while Jon mowed the yard and pulled some weeds. Later we went to the grocery store and did our shopping for almost the next two weeks (until we go to Augusta). We mainly hung out around the house, took walks, played, the normal stuff.

At the end of the day we got a message from one of our youth saying that her mom wanted to offer us her tickets for the Dobyns-Bennett High School homecoming football game tonight. She wasn't going to be using them so she wanted to let us use them. So that's what we did tonight. All four of us got in the van after dinner and headed over to our first football game since coming to TN. It was the first football game for the kids ever. Lorelai had a ball as she always does. She clapped constantly, and every time the band finished a song she'd say, "They're done!" Asher was much more skiddish about the whole thing (another example of their huge personality differences). He sat in my lap for a while at first. I think the band had him a little worried. But when I pulled out a cookie for him he got over it real fast. He started clapping with Lorelai and having a good time. We saw a lot of people we knew while we were there, and Lorelai met everyone else she didn't already know. She is the most friendly child! I joked with Jon tonight that I'm almost a little worried about her as she gets older and learns more personal info like her address and phone number. I'm afraid of what she'll tell perfect strangers! Right now she tells them anything she can about herself. She just talks and talks and talks. :)

We didn't stay for the whole game because Asher was ready to go by half-time, and since by then it was already almost 9 PM we were fine with leaving - it was already well past bedtime. Tomorrow morning we're going to the Brotherhood breakfast at church, and I'm not looking forward to waking the kids up for it. It starts at 8 AM. Normally they wake up around 8ish, but since they went to bed later it would probably be a little later. Poor things! Lorelai won't mind, but Asher can be very grumpy if you wake him up before he's ready. Maybe a nice, warm breakfast will make up for it.

Here is a picture of the kids at the game tonight. It really shows how much fun they were having. It also shows a little bit of the cookie Asher ate on his face.



No comments: