Friday, March 25, 2011

An update of some sort

I admit it - I'm neglectful. I've had such a hard time managing to get on here and update my blog that I'm ashamed. The sad thing is that I haven't been THAT busy. Sure, things have been busier than normal, but I have no real excuse for never getting around to it. People much, much busier than me find the time so what is my problem? Anyway, enough of my pity party, and back to the real reason I'm writing. Unfortunately I don't have much to put on here in the way of videos and pictures, but I will later. Writing a blog post after ignoring your blog for so long is a very daunting thing to do in my opinion. You become so behind that it becomes an overwhelming task when you think about all the things to write and pictures and videos to upload. So for now I'll stick with writing and post pictures, videos, or whatever I have later.

Since I last posted we have celebrated mine and Jon's six year anniversary (love that man!), celebrated Asher's 4th birthday (how can my baby not be such a baby anymore?), celebrated our next baby with a baby shower, had many more appointments, and of course had our normal everyday life stuff. Jon also got to preach at church again which his parents and my dad and step-mom were able to come hear. Our friends Daniel, Laraine, and Aidan were also in town that weekend, but they left early on Sunday because Aidan woke up sick so they weren't able to hear Jon. The kids have also been continuing going to gymnastics weekly, and I called today about Lorelai doing ballet camp this summer. She'll probably be taking classes this fall in the 3 year old class (even though she doesn't turn 3 until October, but since she's potty trained it doesn't matter) so I thought doing the camp might be a good trial run for her. The camp is for 3 and 4 year olds so we're probably going to do a tentative registration for her and make sure there are plenty of young 3 year olds in the camp so she's not in there with a bunch of 4 year olds. I really would like to get Asher in t-ball, but I don't know who or where offers t-ball for 4 year olds.

As for baby Micah, I had two really great appointments over the last two weeks. Two weeks ago I had my best appointment yet since 16 weeks. My cervical length was measuring at 3.1 cm, and then the following week it was about the same. However, on Thursday I hate my worst appointment to date. My resting cervical length is now at 2.3 cm so the perinatologist was considering doing another round of steroid injections, but ended up deciding on a wait and see approach for now. If I have any cramping or any indication that things are happening we're starting another round of them. 2.3 cm isn't an absolutely horrible cervical length, but given my history it's a good indication that things are progressing towards labor especially since I shortened almost 1 cm in a weeks time. Of course only time will tell, but I have a feeling that I'll be in labor sometime within the next month. Watch me actually go to 42 weeks! :)

Other than that not much is going on with us. We are looking into buying a freezer for our house ASAP. The freezer in our refrigerator/freezer combo is completely packed with stuff, and not only would I like more room for freezing meals for after Micah gets here, but I also kind of need space to store breast milk. Right now not much else can fit in our freezer, but there's too much good food in there to throw out. Our freezer just isn't big to begin with so I'm not sure we have another option. I hope everyone found that bit of information as blog-worthy as I apparently did. :)

No comments: