Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cooking with Mommy

Jon had to leave the kids and myself home alone for a couple of hours today to go a family visitation for a man in our church who passed away this week. He was the grandfather of one of the guys in our youth. Unfortunately Jon and I never had the opportunity to get to know him, but he was a very important figure in our church and community. The visitation was from 3 to 7 PM, and it took 2 hours for Jon to get through the line to speak to the family if that gives you any idea of how special he was.

While he was gone I had to actually cook dinner! Yikes! This was the first meal I've made in a LONG time, but we stuck with something simple - hamburger helper. Which also happens to be one of Asher's favorites. The kids "cooked" some rice for me while I made the meal. And please don't judge me for Lorelai's appearance. Ever since she became potty trained she likes to just run around the house naked. It's an ongoing battle. One which I wasn't capable of fighting on my own tonight. Jon and I both agree that she looks like Gollum from "The Lord of the Rings" while squatting there naked.





No comments: