Thursday, February 10, 2011

Appointments, Bed rest, Birthdays, and New Clothes

The title of my post pretty much sums up our lives over the past week. Of course appointments and bed rest are old news, but we've added two new ones for this week. Birthdays and new clothes. Asher's birthday is coming up on March 7, and he will be turning 4 years old. Four years old?! I can't believe even believe it. I have been talking to him about it a lot to try and figure out what he wants to do and get for his birthday. He really wanted to go to Wallabies which is an inflatable jumping place here. Selfishly I didn't want to do it there only because I don't know if I'd be able to go even if I sat the whole time with my feet propped, but if it was really what he wanted I was willing to do it even it meant me missing it. He's been very patient and sweet through this pregnancy despite the fact that it means I can't pick him up anymore or get on the floor and play with him or play with him as much in general so I wanted to do this for him if he really wanted it. On top of that the cost of renting a party room and paying for admission for all the kids, etc. is pretty high which would mean he probably wouldn't be able to get as much for his birthday. So we made a deal: party at our house complete with a cool cake and theme of his choice, fun on our swing set in the backyard, lots of fun games, and some kind of snacks/meal provided. In exchange he and his best friend, Seth, are going to Wallabies probably the Saturday before for a play date together and lunch of his choice. Everyone wins here. He can still go to Wallabies (and with his best friend), he gets to have his party (which mommy can attend), and he gets the present he wants for his birthday (John Deere Gator Power Wheels).

As for the new clothes, I have been using my bed rest time as usefully as I can by going through the kids' clothes from last summer and deciding what will work for this summer. Most all of Lorelai's stuff won't work due to her height (yet everything still fits in the waist - skinny thing), but Asher does have several outfits that will work. All of his shorts still work, but not all of the shirts. So all of the things that won't work is getting put away. Since Lorelai will be needing more than Asher I've been buying her new spring/summer stuff online since I can't go out. I'm so happy that I have almost her entire spring/summer wardrobe picked out and most purchased. Yay! We get out tax return in about a week so I'll get Asher's stuff then. I'm waiting on getting stuff for Micah for now at least until I know exactly when he's born and sizes. I have enough to get by for a little while thanks to some of Asher's baby clothes, but unfortunately Micah will probably be in a completely different size/season than Asher was when he was first born. Thankfully I'm sure Micah will be able to wear Asher's stuff as he gets older and wears sizes longer, but the smaller stuff probably won't work with the seasons. Our babies usually live in sleepers or onesies at first anyway.

On to the appointment. I had an appointment with my OB this morning, and it went pretty well. I can't say enough how much I love her, though! We listened to the baby's heartbeat on the doppler, and I was told that at my next visit I get to do the wonderful glucose test (gag me). We also did another ultrasound which showed some change, but nothing too significant so that was good news. I measured at 2.5 resting, 2.2 with fundal pressure, and 1.6 when bearing down. Last week at the peri I measured between 2.5 and 2.7 resting, but there wasn't any change with pressure or bearing down so it has gotten a little worse, but nothing too major to cause alarm or anything. We're still continuing everything as before, and I see my peri on the 21st. I'll see my OB again the following week. Our schedule got kind of messed up because the peri is going to be out of town on the week he was supposed to see me (next week), but my OB thinks I should be fine to not have an ultrasound next week and just come in for my injection especially since it's only going to be a little over a week from now.

So that completes my boring post. No pictures, no videos. Lame, I know. Jon is responsible for those areas since I can't chase the kids with the camera so blame him. And I know he's going to read this which is why I wrote that. :) Maybe it will make him get some tonight, though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where'd you find Lorelai's wardrobe? :) I know I need to get Cayman some summer clothes - mainly shorts, some t-shirts. Charis is set for the spring but no summer clothes yet!