Monday, June 1, 2009

VBS and other fun things this week

This is going to be a pretty busy week for us. Last night was the first night of Vacation Bible School, and Asher is actually in a class this year. He's in the 2 year old class, but that class wasn't open to the public - just 2 year olds whose parents are working VBS. He has had so much fun so far! Last night was the only night they weren't going to be providing dinner so I went to get Asher from his class to eat something (I was going to take him back afterwards), but he decided he was having such a good time he didn't care that much about eating. He wanted to go eat snack with his friends instead. They stay in their room for dinner and crafts, but they go to the choir room for music. I peeked in last night to watch him in there last night, and on the last night (Friday) he'll actually be up on stage doing a song. Needless to say we'll be videotaping and taking tons of pictures. I'm really excited to see this! 

Jon is doing VBS with the middle school youth, and we originally only had 6 registered, but by the start of everything there were about 20 people there (including Jon, a parent helping, and me)! Obviously this is a great thing, but it has changed plans a bit. We were going to leave the church to do some activities, but there are too many kids now and not enough vehicles. So I'm not sure what the plan will be for the youth this week.  Anyway, throughout the week and especially at the end of it I'll be sure to post pictures so you can see what we've been doing all week.

In other news this is a video I forgot to upload so here it is. It's of Lorelai learning to crawl. She just drags herself around right now, but she gets where she wants to go really quickly. 



1 comment:

Ellen said...

that's good army crawling! i think g will be much happier when he figures something like this out...looks like a fun week is in store!